Civil Engineering ⇒ Topic : Station Machinery and Equipment
|At junctions and terminal stations among
others following machineries are generally
1. Engine shed : lt is used for maintenance, repair and upkeeping of locomotives.
2. Ash-pits :These help in collection of locomotive's ash.
3. Examination pits : These are long and deep pits in locomotive yards to examine the engines from below.
4. Water column : These are provided for water supply to the locomotive on main lines.
5. Triangles : These help in changing the direction of engine.
6. Turn tables : For change in direction of engine.
7. Traversers : Help for sideway shifting.
8. Cranes : Loading and unloading of vehicles is done by then.
!! OOPS Login [Click here] is required for more results / answer