Electrical Engineering ⇒ Topic : Transformer specifications
The transformer specifications give the rating and performance expectations of the tranformer. These are broadly as mentioned below :
1. kVA rating;
2. Rated voltage;
3. Number of phases (1-phase or 3-phase)
4. Rated frequency;
5. Connections (A or Y for 3-phase transformer);
6. Tappings if any;
7. Type of core (core or shell);
8. Type (power or distribution);
9. Ambient temperature (generally average 40°C)
10. Type of cooling.
(I)Cooling medium air, oil or water
(II)Circulation type natural or forced
(III)Simple or mixed cooling.
11. Temperature rise above ambient in °C depending upon the class of vvinding insulation.
12. Voltage regulation
(i)Per cent or per unit at full-load at 75°C unity pl. or 0-8 p.f. lag
(II)Impedance per cent or per unit
(III)Reactance per cent or per unit.
13. No-load current in amperes or per cent of rated current at rated voltage and rated frequecy.
14. Efficiency in per cent or per unit at full 1/2load, 3/4load, load at unity pl. or 0.8 p.f.
!! OOPS Login [Click here] is required for more results / answer