Civil Engineering ⇒ Topic : Canal lining
|An irrigation canal is said to be lined when
the bed and sides of a canal are protected by
means of an impervious or fairly impervious
material of sufficient strength. The necessity for
lining a canal is felt when any one of the
following requirements has to be met :-|
1. Canal lining controls seepage
2. Canal lining increases capacity of canals
3. Canal lining is an important anti-water logging measure.
4. Canal lining increases commanded area for irrigation.
5. Canal lining increases available head for power generation.
6. Canal lining makes canal section stable.
!! OOPS Login [Click here] is required for more results / answer