Civil Engineering ⇒ Topic : Classification of bridges
|Depending upon function to be performed,
material of construction, position of floor, inter
span relationship etc. bridges can be classified as
1. Functional classifications : Aqueduct, viaduct, highway, or foot, floating bridge.
2. Material of construction : Timber, steel, R .C.C. bridges.
3. Position of floor : Deck bridge, through, semithrough, or suspension bridge.
4. Inter span relationship : Simple cantilever, continuous, arch type, suspended, rigid type etc.
5. Life of bridge : Temporary, semi permanent and permanent bridge.
!! OOPS Login [Click here] is required for more results / answer