Civil Engineering ⇒ Topic : Damp Proof Course
|Damp Proof Course (DPC) : A layer provided
to prevent entry of unwanted moisture inside
the building either by seepage or by leakage is
known as Damp Proof Course.|
The dampness is injurious to the materials which come in its contact. The various effects of dampness are the following :
1. Dampness breed bacteria of various diseases.
2. It causes decay of all the materials which come in contact, specially timber and steel.
3. It destroys furnishings in a building such as carpets, door frames, electrical fittings etc.
4. It causes disintegration of brick work tile, stone etc.
5. It also creates health hazard to living beings.
!! OOPS Login [Click here] is required for more results / answer