Civil Engineering ⇒ Topic : Duty and Delta
|Duty and Delta :|
1. Irrigation : It is application of water to crops to meet water deficiency in crop production.
2. Infiltration : It is the process in which wales enters the surface strata of the soil mass and moves downwards to joinground water reservoir.
3. Permeability : It is that property of the soil which allows the water to move through the soil mass.
4. Wilting point : The drooping down of plant leaves due to shortage of water is known as wilting point.
5. Field capacity : It is the capacity of soil mass to hold the water as soil moisture at a specified time after watering.
6. Gross commanded area : It is the area enclosed between the imaginary boundary line upto which certain irrigation channel is capable of supplying water for irrigation purposes.
7. Culturable commanded area (C.C.A.) : It is the area of land on which crops can be grown satisfactorily.
8. Intensity of irrigation : It is a ratio between cultivated land at a time in one crop season to culturable commanded area.
9. Duty : It is a relationship between the amount of water and the area over which this amount of water is applied to the crop.
10. Base period : It is the time elapsed from first watering at the time of sowing to the last watering when the crop matures.
!! OOPS Login [Click here] is required for more results / answer