: An estimation is a record of computation of
the quantities of materials and items of work
required and expenditure likely to be incurred in
the construction of building, road, dam etc. Objectives of Estimating : 1. To find probable cost of the work.
2. To find the quantity of various materials
and labour required.
3. To have an idea about the time of
completion of the work.
4. To help in controlling of the expenditure
5. To help checking the work done by
6. To help in completion of departmental
formalities such as inviting tenders,
technical sanction etc.
7. To help in the fixation of standard rent,
sale price of flats and valuation of