Civil Engineering ⇒ Topic : Loads
|Various types of loads are applied to
structural members. They are :-|
1. Dead load : The load of constant magnitude that remains in one position is called dead load.
2. Live load : The load which does not remain in one position and may change in magnitude is called live load.
3. Impact load : The load which is caused by the vibrations of moving vehicles or movable loads is called impact load.
4. Lateral load : The load caused by the wind and earthquake is called lateral load.
5. Longitudinal load : The load which is caused either by stopping a train or a railway bridge or a truck or a highway bridge is called a longitudinal load.
!! OOPS Login [Click here] is required for more results / answer