Civil Engineering ⇒ Topic : Plastic Analysis
|Following definitions are necessary to
understand the principle of plastic analysis :-|
1. Elastic limit : The largest stress that a material can withstand without being permanently deformed is called the elastic limit.
2. Yield point : The stress at which there is an increase in the strain without a corresponding increase in stress is called yield point.
3. Elastic strain : The strain that occurs before the yield point is called elastic strain.
4. Plastic strain : The strain that occurs after the yield point with no increase in stress is called plastic strain.
5. Strain hardening : The range in the plastic zone where additional stress is necessary to produce additional strain is called strain hardening.
6. Yield moment : The moment that will just produce the yield stress in the outermost fiber of the section is called yield moment.
7. Load factor : The ratio of collapse load to the safe working load is known as load factor.
!! OOPS Login [Click here] is required for more results / answer