Civil Engineering ⇒ Topic : Role of Civil Engineers
|A civil engineer has to conceive, plan, estimate, get approval, create and maintain all civil engineering
infrastructure activities. Civil engineer has a very important role in the development of
the following infrastructures:|
1. Measure and map the earth’s surface.
2. Plan and develop extensions of towns and cities.
3. Build the suitable structures for the rural and urban areas for various utilities.
4. Build the tanks and dams to exploit water resources.
5. Build river navigation and flood control projects.
6. Build canals and distributories to take water to agricultural fields.
7. Purify and supply water to needy areas like houses, schools, offices etc.
8. Provide and maintain communication systems like roads, railways, harbours and airports.
9. Devise systems for control and efficient flow of traffic.
10. Provide, build and maintain drainage and waste water disposal system.
11. Monitor land, water and air pollution, and take measures to control them. Fast growing industrialization has put heavy responsibilities on civil engineers to preserve and protect environment.
!! OOPS Login [Click here] is required for more results / answer