Civil Engineering ⇒ Topic : Testing of Materials
|Different tests and methods used for testing
materials are :-|
1. Tensile test machine : It consists of a mean of applying load to specimen, a device to measure the applied load and accessories for griping the test piece, recording the load and power unit etc.
2. Tensile test of ductile metals
3. Percentage elongation
4. Tensile test of brittle metals
5. Compression test : This test is opposite to tensile test with respect to the direction of the applied stress.
6. Shear test : A force acting parallel to the plane produces shear stress which is of two types : (a) Direct shear (b) Torsional shear.
7. Hardness test : This test is carried out by pressing a loaded diamond against the surface under test.
8. Fatigue test : This test is carried out in parts subjected to continuously varying stresses either in magnitude or from one kind stress to the reversed kind.
9. Impact test : This load applied suddenly on a machine component is called impact blow. The impact load may be applied in flexure, tension, compression or torsion. Test enables to determination of toughness.
!! OOPS Login [Click here] is required for more results / answer