Civil Engineering ⇒ Topic : Traffic Capacity of Highways
|Traffic Capacity of Highways|
1. Traffic volume : The number of vehicles moving in a specified direction on a roadway that pass a given point during a specified unit of time is called traffic volume.
2. Traffic density : The number of vehicles occupying a unit length of a roadway at a given instant, is called traffic density.
3. Traffic capacity : The maximum number of vehicles in a roadway that can pass a given point in unit time is called traffic capacity.
4. Basic capacity : The maximum number of passengers cars that can pass a given point on roadway during one hour under the most ideal road and traffic conditions, is called basic capacity.
5. Practical capacity : The maximum number of vehicles that can pass a given point on a roadway during one hour without imposing any restriction to the driver's freedom for driving the vehicles, under prevailing roadway and traffic conditions is called practical capacity.
!! OOPS Login [Click here] is required for more results / answer