Civil Engineering ⇒ Topic : Types of bridges
|The steel bridges may be classified on the
basis of their use and mode of construction.|
1. Deck bridge : In this case the floor of bridge is located on the top flange of a plate girder.
2. Through bridge : In this case, the floor is supported at lower chord level.
3. Pony truss bridge : Here the floor is located at or near the bottom.
4. Double deck bridge : In this case two decks such as road-cum-rail bridge are provided.
5. Plate girder bridge : It is a built-up plate girder suitable for large span bridge.
6. Truss bridge : It is economical for much longer span.
7. Balanced-cantilever bridge : It is used for spans upto about 60 m
!! OOPS Login [Click here] is required for more results / answer