Electrical Engineering ⇒ Topic : Advantages and disadvantages of hot-wire voltmeter
(1) They can be used for both d.c. and a.c. measurements.
(2) Their readings are independent of waveform and frequency.
(3) They are unaffected by stray magnetic fields.
(1) They have non-uniform scale.
(2) They have a sluggish action since the hot-wire takes some time to reach its final temperature.
(3) Their zero position needs frequent adjustment.
(4)They are liable to burn out or the hot-wire melts, if over-loaded.
(5) They have a high power consumption
!! OOPS Login [Click here] is required for more results / answer