Electrical Engineering ⇒ Topic : Algebraic Method
The steps involved are as under:
(1) Separate out all the terms of the boolean expression for each of these terms.
(2) Check whether it is the logical product of all the variables, either in direct or complemented form.
(3) If it is, then proceed to check for the next term.
(4) If it is not so, then obtain two minterms by multiplying this term, first with the missing variable and then with the complement of it.
(5) Add all these minterms.
(6) Repeat the steps iiv for all the terms.
(7) Eliminate duplication of terms by using the rule X + X = X.
The resultant expression is the SOP form of the original expression.
!! OOPS Login [Click here] is required for more results / answer