Electrical Engineering ⇒ Topic : Electric lines of force
|An electric line of
force is that imaginary smooth curve drawn in
an electric field along which a free, isolated
unit positive charge moves.|
1. Electric lines of force start from a positive charge and end on a negative charge
2. No two lines of force can intersect each other because if they do so then at the point of intersection two tangents can be drawn which would mean two directions of the force at that point which is impossible.
3. These lines have a tendency to contract in length like a stretched elastic string.
4. These lines have a tendency to separate from each other in the direction perpendicular to their lengths.
5. Lines of force of a uniform field are parallel.
6. Lines of force leaves the surface of conductor normally.
Properties of Electric Lines of Force
!! OOPS Login [Click here] is required for more results / answer