Civil Engineering ⇒ Topic : Contour Maps Uses
|Uses of Contour Maps|
1. To study the general character of the tract of the country without visiting the ground.
2. To decide the most economical and suitable sites for engineering works such as canal, sewer, reservoir, road, railway etc.
3. To determine the catchment area of the drainage basic and hence the capacity of the proposed reservoir.
4. To compute the earth work required for filling or cutting along the linear alignment of projects such as canals, roads etc.
5. To ascertain the intervisibility of the points.
6. To trace a contour gradient for road alignments.
7. To draw longitudinal sections and cross-sections to ascertain the nature of the ground.
8. To calculate water capacities of reservoirs.
!! OOPS Login [Click here] is required for more results / answer