Electrical Engineering ⇒ Topic : Advantages and disadvantages of spring control method
(1) The levelling of the instrument is not required if the moving parts are balanced.
(2) In some instruments (e.g. permanent-magnet moving coil and dynamometer type), springs also serve as the current leads to the moving coil.
(3) There is practically no increase in the weight of the moving system.
(4) In instruments where deflecting torque is uniform, spring control provides uniform scale.
(1) Change of temperature affects the spring length and hence the controlling torque.
(2) Controlling torque cannot be adjusted easily.
(3) Accidental stresses in the springs may damage them.
!! OOPS Login [Click here] is required for more results / answer